Main Article Content
Education, Library, Developing countries, SWOT, virtualization, facilities
Purpose: The aim of this research is to investigate critical factors of Library Education in developing countries.
Methodology: The research applies qualitative SWOT method and benchmarking in factors analysis.
Main results: Library education plays a critical role in developing countries. SWOT analysis reveals the areas need an enhancement to promote library to the mainstream education in developing countries. Library education can become in parallel with school education in developing countries, and the facilities shall be flexible.
Applications: This research reveals the importance of library education and can be reference information for UNESCO or non-profit organizations to support educations in developing countries.
Originality: This research envisions education in the context of library education in the key factors’ evaluation of different groups of background, and proposes the concept of virtualization in library construction.
2. American Library Association (2012). Libraries Connect Communities Key Findings. Washington DC: ALA.
3. Chang H, Huang W., (2006). Application of a quantification SWOT analytical method, Mathematical and Computer Modelling 43,158–169. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcm.2005.08.016
4. Comana, A., BoazRonenb, B., (2009). Focused SWOT: diagnosing critical strengths and weaknesses, International Journal of Production Research, 47 (20), 5677-5689. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540802146130
5. Lodge, S. (2012). New Life for The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, HCI Books, Boca Raton, FL.
6. Musingafi, M. and Chiwanza, K. (2012).The Role of Public Libraries in Promoting Literacy in Zimbabwe.Information and Knowledge Management, 2(7), 52-61.
7. Oreski, D. (2012). Strategy development by using SWOT - AHP, TEM Journal, 1(4), 283-291.
8. Osita, I., Onyebuchi, I., Justina, N., (2014). Organization’s stability and productivity: the role of SWOT analysis an acronym for strength, weakness, opportunities and threat, International Journal of Innovative and Applied Research, 2(9), 23- 32.
9. O'Sullivan, A., Sheffrin, S. (2003). Prentice Hall: Needham, MA.
10. Rodriguez-Lesmes, P., Trujillo, J. and Valderrama, D. (2015). Are public libraries improving quality of education? When the public good provision is not good enough.World Bank Group, Washington D.C. https://doi.org/10.1596/1813-9450-7429
11. Setshwane, M., Oats.L., (2015). Cultural preservation through public libraries: Lessons from Kanye Public Library, Creative Commons Attribution, Bostwana.
12. Shrestha, L. (2000). Population Aging in Developing Countries. Health Affairs, 19(3), 204-212. https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.19.3.204
13. Steinman, B., Somerville, C., Khaniyan, M., Gleason, H., & Yang, M. (2015). Assessing Current and Future Needs of Residents Aging in the Town of Andover. Press of University of Massachusetts, Boston ScholarWorks, Boston.
14. UNESCO (1994).Public Library Manifesto.from ttp://www.unesco.org/webworld/libraries/manifestos/libraman.html
15. UNESCO (2006) Digital Libraries in Education, UNESCO Instiyute for Information Technologies in Education, Moscow, Russia.
16. UNESCO (2015).Education 2030. Incheon Declaration and Framework for Action for the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 4.from http://uis.unesco.org/sites/default/files/documents/education-2030-incheon-framework-for-action-implementation-of-sdg4-2016-en_2.pdf
17. United Nations (2006).World Programme of Action Concerning Disabled Persons.from http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/enable/diswpa04.htm
18. United Nations Global Compacts (2016). Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all, from https://sdgcompass.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Goal_4.pdf
19. Wallace, D., Van Fleet, C. (2005). The Democratization of Information. Reference & User Services Quarterly, 45(2), 100-103.
20. World Bank (2014).Fostering a digitally inclusive aging society in China: The potential of public libraries.from http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/406011468028485209/pdf/882810WP0P121200Box385283B00PUBLIC0.pdf