Main Article Content
Retail, Store Image, Store Attributes, Profitable, Consumer Purchasing, Market, Matahari, Indonesia
Purpose: Retail industry currently in Indonesia is less profitable. However, there is still a retail stores chain group that Matahari endures and this is absolutely not autonomous purchasing by the customers. The objective of the study is to identify the qualities of stores and to assess their impacts on the consumer purchasing decision. This is most significant for sellers in today's unstable market and is worried about sellers' essential to take into account the effect of selling store image and its relation to purchaser reliability.
Methodology: The used method in the research is casual research method. Data is analysing through descriptive analysis method and multiple linear regression. The data is processed through SPSS software.
Main Findings: Based on interviews conducted by respondents, one of the store brands in Matahari's department store is the Executive, which is a store brand that sells clothes, and trousers with expensive price, so if the customer uses the brand product Executive, they will feel proud. Because the customer has a good view of the product of the Executive brand, and the Executive product is sold in Matahari department store, the customer's assessment of the department store of the Matahari becomes good.
Implications/Applications: The results of the research can be used by Matahari department store in developing their marketing strategies in order to promote brand image.
2. Ayuningrat, M. P., Noermijati., & Hadiwidjojo, D. (2016). Green product innovation’s effect on firm performance of managerial environmental concern and green communication. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(2), 56-63. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.2.1
3. Azeem, S., & Sharma, R. R. K. (2015). Elements of the retail marketing mix: a study of different retail formats in India. The Business & Management Review, 5(4), 51-61.
4. Doyle, P., & Fenwick, I. (1974). How store image affects shopping habits in grocery chains. Journal of Retailing, 50(4), 39-52.
5. Engel, J. F. & Blackwell, R. D. (1982). Consumer behaviour. New York, NY: Dryden Press.
6. Griffin, J. (2003). Customer loyalty: growing and maintaining customer loyalty. Jakarta, Indonesia: Publisher Erlangga.
7. Gundala, R. R. R. (2010). Retail store image: a study of the Cyprus clothing industry. International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, 3(3), 67-81.
8. Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., Anderson, R. E., & Tatham, R. L. (2006). Multivariate data analysis (Vol. 6). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.,
9. Hasan, A. (2008). Marketing. Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Media Utama.
10. Intan, W. S. (2016). The analysis factors of experential marketing, product quality, and customer satisfaction of motor bike as a main transportation mode in Bandung-Indonesia. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 2(1), 6-8. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.2.10002-1
11. James, D. L., Durand, R. M., & Dreves, R. A. (1976). Use of a multi-attribute attitude model in a store image study. Journal of Retailing, 52(2), 23-32.
12. Khakimyanov, M. I., & Khusainov, F. F. (2016). Research energy consumption of well electric submersible pumps for oil production. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 2(1), 1-5. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.2.10001-1
13. King, J. M. (2016). Dubai wins: A content analysis of global media coverage of the 2020 world exposition bidding process using nation branding theory. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 2(6), 201-211. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.2.10005-6
14. Kotler, P., & Keller, K. (2009). Marketing management. Jakarta, Indonesia: Publisher Erlangga.
15. Kremer, F., & Viot, C. (2012). How store brands build retailer brand image. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 40(7), 528-543. https://doi.org/10.1108/09590551211239846
16. Krisnawati, N., Perangin-Angin, L. K., Zainal, M., & Suardi, I. (2016). Brand equity analysis and its impact on the loyal customer of local batik to develop its competitiveness (An empirical study of batik Banten in South Tangerang). Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(4), 189-207. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.4.5
17. Newman, A. J. & Cullen, P. (2002). Retailing: Environment and operations. London, UK: Thomson Learning.
18. Obaga, I. M., Omido, K., Garashi, H. M., Odera, O., & Ogutu, M. (2013). Analysis of retail marketing strategies on Organizational competitiveness. International Journal of Management & Information Technology, 3(2), 2278-5612. https://doi.org/10.24297/ijmit.v3i2.1366
19. Oetomo, H. W., & Budiyanto, (2017). Brand image as mediation effect of experiential marketing and differentiation product to the buying decision of Toyota cars. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 3(5), 175-182. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.3.10003-5
20. Pranee, S., & Papapankaid, C. (2017). Factors affecting purchasing decision of community products in Ranong province. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 3(2), 79-83. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.3.10005-2
21. Purba, P. R., & Sitorus. P. M. (2017). Influence Analysis of Dissatisfaction, Situational Condition, and Switching Costs on the Switching Behavior of Telkomsel Postpaid Card Customers in Batam City. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2(3), 193-205. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-23004
22. Rafiah, K. K., & Ariyanti, M. (2017). Role of transactional quality and relational quality to customer e-loyalty in marketplace C2C in Indonesia. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2(2), 116-126. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-22005
23. Saputra, R., & Dewi, C. K. (2016). The impact of brand trust on brand loyalty mediated by customer satisfaction: Case of Tokobagus.com (now OLX.co.id). Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 1(1), 8-13. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-1.1.2
24. Sekaran, U. (2009). Research methods for business (a skill building approach). New York, NY: John Wiley and Sons Inc.
25. Srisangkaew, K. (2017). Advanced destination marketing strategy for Chanthaburi Province, Thailand. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2(1), 77-84. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-21010
26. Tunggal, A. W. (2008). Basic Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Jakarta, Indonesia: Harvindo.
27. Wibisono, A. B., Yani, A. R., & Muhlisyah, A. (2016). Developing the “classic” image branding of Madura Batik center as an effort to face AEC (ASEAN Economic Community) 2016. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 2(6), 173-177. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.2.10002-6
28. Wichailert, K., & Yousapornpaiboon, K. (2017). Brand equity affects brand loyalty of the bottled mineral drinking water in Thailand. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 3(4), 180-191. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.4.3